We bought a house, and we love it. I am so happy and comfortable here. It was time to do it--low interest rates, etc, etc. But come on, we just moved last year--seriously, last year! I consider last year's move "elective" because we moved locally from one rental to another. Why was that a good idea? I don't regret it, but this is enough. I hope we're in our new house for a long, long time.
1) Entertain yourselves with the last toy that isn't packed. Don't ask a lot of questions about where your stuff is, it just makes people mad.
2) Just tackle Dad if you need some attention.
Anytime Beck wrestles with Matt, Ramsey says "now me!" She's kind of possessive of Matt :)
Beck is so good at sharing, he's very sweet. It's hard being the second kid!
3) Go through Daddy's special things, since Daddy put them right in arms' reach, even though Mommy asked you not to. Side note: maybe I encouraged them by taking their pictures?
This is Matt's name badge from his first post-college "big boy" job at the James Madison Institute. He started out as a volunteer intern and moved up the ranks to become the Director of Public Affairs. Not bad, eh? I don't know why the kids tilted their heads for these pictures--hilarious!
4) If you're hungry, you better figure it out on your own. Survival of the fittest.
5) Get to work. For reals. Or Mom will probably cry about how there is too much to do.
6) Color.
7) Embrace the mess, because it isn't going away.
8) Climb on stuff.
9) Go to story time on moving day without brushing your teeth or hair.
10) Fall asleep when you can. No matter what. Even at dinner in a restaurant.
11) Try to be affable. It's really hard, even though Grandpa is so awesome.
12) Let your Dad carry you out of the restaurant, especially if you're really tired.
And the news....
There's a baby in my tummy!
OK, not in Beck's tummy, but mine--estimated due date May 1. We are so excited! I catch Matt smiling at me and the kids want to kiss my tummy.
Here's our little one at 11 weeks (we're at 15 weeks now). No wonder I'm so tired :)






















Haha love it! you guys are so brave! Congrats on being in your new place. And huge congrats on the new addition. Love y'all so much and see you in like 40 days!
ReplyDelete