Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Water, water everywhere

We're definitely using water to help us keep cool this summer.  We discovered Cunningham Falls Park (a friend's suggestion) and it was perfect.  It's a small man-made lake with a sandy beach little over an hour away in Maryland.  We stayed for a couple of hours and stayed cool in the hot weather.  I even got to swim by myself like I did many, many summers ago when I was a kid.  


At the beginning of the summer I was sure to buy a vest for Beck as I was sure he would be all about jumping in the water.  Was I wrong!  He is reluctant to get in!  I still keep the vest on because you never know....

My boys.  I love this picture.  This lake is quite picturesque and surrounded by hilly low mountains.  It reminds me of going to a lake house in Sapphire Valley, North Carolina as a kid.


The happy couple--we made it through Hand, Foot and Mouth!



Happy digging!

Daddy-daughter chats are the best.


Keeping it real--sprinkler in the front yard.  Sure, I could be a courteous neighbor and put the sprinkler in the back yard, but the front yard needed watering!  Again, Beck was reluctant, but Ramsey's persuasion got him to try it (as long as she held his hand he was willing to check it out).

This little girl is quite the runner.
He wants to drink out of a big-boy cup, but there's a lot of spilling.

Another Fairfax Corner splash fountain day, but neither kids actually got into the water.  Ramsey is looking at the movie posters with intensity.

We went to a water day at one of the local libraries--the librarian did a great job and there were crafts along with the usual storytime.  These blue things are puddles the kids were jumping over.
  

This was faux-water with little cut-out fish.  Beck really enjoyed hoarding all of the little fish and then putting them back.  He is quite the collector these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.