Thursday, January 17, 2013

Staying busy in the fall

Sometimes it's cold...


And you try to find a playground in your new neighborhood, but there really isn't one.  You find a tiny tot lot, which ain't much, but it's enough for one child, but not the other (too cold and mad).

Or you roast marshmallows (above right).

You visit the Washington DC Temple Visitors Center for the Festival of Lights and enjoy the warmth of the Christmas season and the spirit of Christ.  It was wonderful.



You of course hang out at the library, maybe a little more than your usual once a week visit.


You even get it together to sign up in advance for story time (a requirement for attendance), which is on random days that are impossible to predict. Yea Mom!




You create.  


And proudly practice your letters.

You hang out with your dog.


 
You play with your cars.


You celebrate a friend's birthday

with a simple ice cream cone.

You visit the pet store





and pet a snake without fear.



Sometimes it's warm...

And you try to steal your sister's bike (AND without a helmet).

Or you try to drive away in your Mom's car.



You take out the trash.


And admire your sister's beautiful artwork.


You admire the view.


And your beautiful poodle.

You ride your trike.


And just run the streets.

Plus it was my birthday--I'm 32.  Matt and I celebrated several times in the beginning of December, but the only pic I have is of the fried deviled eggs I got at my birthday dinner.  Ridiculous and delicious!


And then the baby update...here's my little group in the waiting room with me.  We had a sonogram at 21 weeks, on the last official day of Fall.  We didn't find out whether the baby is a girl or boy, we opted for a surprise this time!  We unfortunately were surprised to find out at the appointment that I have marginal placenta previa (actually, it is really a low-lying placenta but my doctor is cautious), which means I am supposed to take it easy so that there are no complications (bleeding, hospitalization).  Turns out taking it easy isn't so easy.  But the baby is fine, and the odds are this will resolve itself within the next couple of months.  I just had my follow-up sonogram today (at 25 weeks), and the placenta hasn't moved :(  The baby is almost 2 pounds and looking great.  Another appointment in early February to find out more!  Here are some pics of our little one--I'm still not used to these 3D images (kind of creepy), but it is amazing to see the baby's face!



1 comment:

  1. I'm still a little offended that you have to sign up in advance for library story time. Seriously people!

    And your BABY is cute! Really, I can tell!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.