Sunday, April 3, 2011

We are so tired

Recent events have led to a reduction in the amount of sleeping happening in our house.  Matt was just promoted and his responsibilities at work have multiplied, leading to late nights.  I have been working on several cases that are on the west coast, which means I work late at night and can't go to bed early.  Also, Ramsey has had the night "scaries" for a few months.  I think she has woken up more in the night at the age of 3 than she did from 18 months-3.  Beck occasionally tries to go back to his early riser "roots," which leaves me pretty exhausted (Beck was a 5AM riser for months and months around his first birthday).  Ramsey is slow to wake up in the morning, and likes some quiet time before facing the day.  You really cannot rush her, but she is mostly very cheerful.  Beck wakes up ready to go--I have watched him wake up, and he sometimes stands up before he even opens his eyes.  It is crazy.  The moment he is up, he is yelling for me, Matt, a binky, a blanket, or wa-wa.  This guy knows what he wants!  Left to my own devices, I am slow to wake up in the morning and like to be alone--I like sleeping in.  Turns out that having children is not compatible with my morning demeanor, so I've had to adjust.  Matt wakes up pretty quickly as he is a light sleeper, but he prefers to have a "morning nap" shortly after he wakes up.      

If we don't get Beck to a sippy cup of milk shortly after he wakes up, he is mad.  Here we are, in a standoff.  I don't want to get out of bed, and he is SO MAD that he isn't drinking milk.  Isn't this a great picture of me?  Almost makes up for that obnoxious post about how great my kids are, right?

When Ramsey was Beck's age, she liked her nap around 1:30P.  Since Beck has fallen asleep in the car a bit recently, it is obvious that he wants to nap more like 12:30P, but sometimes our schedule doesn't allow for it.  Luckily, he still transfers to his crib easily (usually).  This kids sleeps from around 7:45P-7:15A every night, and then usually a 2.5 hour nap.  This is a positive side effect to his VERY active personality.  He is always on the go and making noise, leaving me spent by the time the kids go to bed.

Ramsey's first night of having a "big girl" bed.  Matt took the side off of her crib, and she is thrilled.  She  never asked for a bed, and only climbed out of her crib once, but it was becoming obvious that she was ready to grow up a little.  I am having to really police bedtime now that she has more freedom.  It used to be so easy--I would just put her in the crib and that was it.  She never asked for anything or bothered me.  Now that she is "free," the requests are coming for drinks and snacks, and she runs around.  Tough stuff.  

Another thing--her room is a hot mess all the time now.  
Here she is sleeping in her closet with all of her animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.