Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Our first family race

Rachel signed us up for a race in Bountiful and we were so excited.  Then, it was really, really cold--6 degrees!  So, we shuffled our plans slightly--Rachel still did the 10K; Matt, Anna-Lisa, Laura, and Andrew did the 5K; but I took the kids on the track inside the rec center just to be safe.  I didn't want my little wheezers to get too cold!  The race was a total success--Matt and Anna-Lisa ran the whole way, Rachel finished with an amazing time (but I cannot remember because I am no runner), and Laura and Andrew finished like champions.  I pushed Beck in the stroller and Ramsey ran her little heart out.  She loves to run and is luckily able to do so despite her asthma (it is not exercise-induced at this point).  Go us!

    The dedicated runners: Matt, Andrew, Rachel, Anna-Lisa, and Laura.

We felt like we ran the race too, even though we didn't.  

She was seriously bookin' it.

Matt the champion.  This was his first 5K, and he ran the whole way.

3 comments:

  1. Proud of everyone!Glad I wasn't there to drag down the family name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, someone has good taste in names. We have a Matt, Andrew, AnnaLisa, and Lara in our family too. In fact, there's a long story behind this question, but does Anna-Lisa happen to have any eligible brothers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lara--Anna-Lisa has one brother, but he is married. Hope you aren't too disappointed ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.